The Daughtry Gang
The Daughtry Gang
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

The owner of this forum should login with the superadmin account in order to prevent this forum from being marked as abandoned

All Forums
 All Things About the Band - Talk About Daughtry
 "Buzz" About Daughtry
 MY CADENCE CD REVIEW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cricker24
Chris Fan

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  18:49:38  Show Profile  Visit Cricker24's Homepage  Send Cricker24 an AOL message  Send Cricker24 a Yahoo! Message Send Cricker24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello everyone!
my name is, Chris (yes, that's my real name)and i'm from Pennsylvania. anyway, i know i don't post on here very much, even though i visit this site on a daily basis, but i just finished listening to the CD of Chris' first band, Cadence, and i thought i would share my initial impressions. i'll give a brief review of each song and a rating for each song on a scale of 0-10. now, please keep in mind that i've only listened to the CD once. ok, here it goes.

CADENCE
ALL EYES ON YOU

TRACK LIST
1. HUMAN - when this song first started, i wasn't sure if it was actually Chris singing, but i quickly realized it was him. it's a good opener and like a lot of the songs on the CD, "HUMAN" is very raw sounding. RATING: 7/10

2. TIRED EYES - something about this song reminds me of the band Creed's first album, MY OWN PRISON. Chris sounds good in this song and i actually prefer it to the opening track. RATING: 8/10

3. THORN IN MY SIDE - by this point of the CD, you begin to realize that all of the songs so far follow the same pattern; start off slow and build up to the chorus. then, slow back down again and make sure that somewhere in the middle of the song there is a guitar solo. Chris does more screaming in this song than i would like to hear, but he still makes the song work. RATING: 6.5/10

4. ALL EYES ON YOU - this is the title track of the CD and it shows some serious promise. the song deviates from the pattern of the first 3 songs and really captures your attention. the drumbeat is solid and the guitar riffs are decent. then you have Chris Daughtry's vocals, which are exceptional in this song. this is without a doubt the strongest song on the CD and it's definitely my favorite. RATING: 9.5/10

5. CORNER - this is the first "slow song" on the album. it's also the first time one can fully appreciate Chris' voice and his range. the only disappointing thing about this song is the way it ends. from the middle of the song until the end, there really is no lyrics. it's mainly just guitar solos and Chris rambling and screaming. a lot more could have been done with this song. RATING: 8/10

6. ALIVE - this is probably the hardest sounding song on the CD. it again, reminds me of something Creed would have done. the harmonies during the chorus are spot on. RATING: 7/10

7. TAINTED BLOOD - this song is a little strange at times. there are parts of it that make it the best song on the entire CD and then there are parts of it where it sounds like half of the band is playing one song, while the other half is playing a completely different song. it's actually pretty cool. RATING: 8/10

8. GRIP - this song follows much of the pattern that the first 3 songs used. for me, the best part of the song is the opening verses because Chris sounds so smooth and pure. RATING: 7.5/10

9. GRAVITY - this is my second favorite song on the album. this is the closest Chris gets to sounding like he did on American Idol. it's also, one of the few songs on this CD, along with "ALL EYES ON YOU," that Chris could use for his first solo album. RATING: 9/10

10. DRIVE - ok, what can i say about this song? well, like a majority of the songs on this CD, other than the fact that Chris is the one singing, there really isn't anything special about it that makes you go, WOW! RATING: 7.5/10

OVERALL RATING: 8/10

i don't think the style of songs on this CD will be what Chris will on his solo album, but it is certainly interesting to hear how raw Chris was in his early years. i think the songs Chris did with his second band, Absent Element, are better, but you can definitely appreciate Cadence. in fact, i think if Chris would have continued with Cadence, they would have evolved into what Absent Element sounds like. if you're an diehard Chris Daughtry fan, i highly recommend getting this CD for your collection.

so, there you go. let me know what you think and if anyone else has the Cadence CD, please share your opinion. thanks for reading this and Rock On!!

Chris

"One thing you know is, you never know."

ragtime
Chris Fanatic

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  19:40:19  Show Profile Send ragtime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cricker, I like your style of review. What do you have to say, song by song, about Absent Element? I visit here a lot; if you write it, I'll read it. ps. I wish Chris was still on TV. I really miss his presence.
Go to Top of Page

Secret Agent Lamcakes
Chris Crew Chief

USA
2322 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  20:33:47  Show Profile  Send Secret Agent Lamcakes an AOL message Send Secret Agent Lamcakes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cricker,,,Im with ragtime. Great review. and welcome to the gang. You will love it here

-------------------------

MATTHEW WILLIAM KALASH.
"LIVIN THE DREAM MAN, IM LIVIN THE DREAM"
MY NEPHEW, I LOVE AND MISS YOU VERY MUCH.
YOUR SPIRIT WILL ALWAYS LIVE IN MY HEART.

"TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT, ONE MORE TIME"
and that you did babe. You took it to the limit one last time.

OCT 31, 1972 - JULY 15, 2006

Go to Top of Page

Cricker24
Chris Fan

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  17:29:05  Show Profile  Visit Cricker24's Homepage  Send Cricker24 an AOL message  Send Cricker24 a Yahoo! Message Send Cricker24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the welcome and the kind words about my review!! i'll work on a review of the Absent Element CD and post it. thanks again and i'll be posting more often.

Chris

"One thing you know is, you never know."
Go to Top of Page

sherita461972
Chris Fanatic

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  18:55:06  Show Profile  Visit sherita461972's Homepage  Send sherita461972 a Yahoo! Message Send sherita461972 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where can I get a copy of the CD?? :) I checked ebay NOTHING...:(

Thanks...
Sherry

~Sherry

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Daughtry Gang © Tammy Jo Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2